During the last century, Stonehenge became a symbol of the United Kingdom, a place where every decent tourist considers as the debt to tear it to the background, as a proof of stay in this particular location.
I well remember my first impression of Stonehenge. Despite fierce reverence and joyful satisfaction of my children's dreams come true there, I felt a slight surprise. Roughly speaking, there are only a heap of huge stones that stand in the empty field, and are far from any settlements of places, but only to have to walk around them, not even touching, every day line up with the long queue, as if in the center of Salisbury Plain the great magician Merlin himself made the invention.
Only the British Isles, archaeologists have run across about 900 diminutive stone nest, not to mention countless similar prehistoric structures, found in Europe and Asia. Stonehenge is just the most grandiose and preserved to his time, in addition, he was engulfed in mystery. But as far as the puzzle is equal to the attractiveness of the majority of people, endless streams of tourists flowing into the plain of Salisbury, probably hoping that on the spot, she would go to them, why about 4,600 years ago someone put such a Herculean effort for the construction of Stonehenge.
I must say that over the past centuries has been considered by a number of different assumptions about the "who?" And "Why?" Built Stonehenge. Here are some myths and theories about Stonehenge:
1. Stonehenge with & # 39; was due to the Druids, who used it as a sacrificial shrine for the manufacture of their rituals. It was one of the first visions, refuted the development of science and technology. It has been shown that the Celts did not build any relationship to the construction of Stonehenge, as they came to the British Isles later than megalitanskiya design.
2. Stonehenge was built as a solar and lunar calendar, and it was a kind of astronomical observatories in the Bronze Age. And then the question arises: "Why build such a laborious calendar only to observe the Sun and the Moon? Why not watch it, leaving traces on any surface? "
3. Stonehendge illustrates a model of the solar system, whereby the system consists of 9 planets 12 instead.
4. As at the site of Stonehenge about 250 graves have been found, some scientists have concluded that this is the largest Neolithic cemetery and resting place for the elite of the time.
5. Proponents of this idea say that someone went their way 200 miles to bring this to a lot of big blocks with the Welsh mountains to the Salisbury Plain. Since the place was built Stonehenge, with a & # 39 is a so-called food place, a nice source of energy, where people feel an inexplicable surge of strength and recover from various illnesses. As evidence of this meeting were found with people with obvious body injuries that allegedly used a pilgrimage to the mysterious place in the hope to recover from their illnesses.
6. Stonehendge – no more than a smaller portal in parallel worlds. Some people believe that the Roman legions were destroyed by druids, they simply ran away to another dimension with the help of Stonehenge.
7. Stonehenge was created by an alien civilization as a message to people that will be deciphered when humanity will be ready for this.
8. Stonehenge … hmm … a few vagina Neolithic monument incarnation of the cult of mother goddess. In accordance with this bold theory altar stone – is none other than the clitoris.
9. There is a perception that the British Isles were formerly part of the mountain of the sunken Atlantis. Atlantic, which could affect the wave nature of things, and because of that suffered heavy monoliths erected Stonehenge as one of the many temples of the sun cult.
10 Stonehenge – a testing ground for alien ships, the original radar, which shows your heading due to concentrated there and a very strong magnetic energy canal Earth. In favor of this theory is the fact that Stonehenge plates consist of quartz. This mineral is well known for its characteristic emanation of radio waves, which makes the megaliths a real radio-transmitter. A magnetic anomalies, as well as the appearance of a UFO with their associated wheels crop – quite frequent from & # 39; reality in the Stonehenge area.
While we advance hypotheses about the nature of Stonehenge, it is becoming increasingly popular, and creates a certain amount of peculiar imitations. So in the state Meryhil, Washington State, a copy of Stonehenge was built in the early 20th century, and more precisely the interpretation of Stonehenge during his razkvitu, before it destroyed people and time. In America in Nebraska has its own Karhenzh, and perhaps in the distant future, someone will ask yourself why all these wonderful 20th century means of transport come together.