Over the past few months on cable television stations sounded a recurring theme: predators snatching children, sexually abuse them and then kill them. Who could forget the horror of hearing the three members of the Idaho home state, which was broken stalkers, who snatched two younger children and mocked them both, before killing one of them? Or who may impose on account of the bandit who entered into a private house while the family was asleep, and then abducted, raped and killed a nine-year girl? Unfortunately, such incidents occur all too often. What can you do about it? Do you know who the predators in your neighborhood? If not, you can learn, and I will show you how to do it.
Changes in state legislation across the country have allowed the authorities to disseminate information about sexual predators on the Internet. thanks Megan's law signed a bill President Clinton in 1996 [called a girl in New Jersey, which killed a predator, living in its area] is available for children real protection.
on KlassKids The site KlassKids.org following information is that provided by the new legislation:
17 My 1996, President Clinton signed Megan's Law. Megan's Law requires the following two components:
Register sex offender – J. Law. Jacob 1994 obliges states to register individuals convicted of sex crimes against children. The laws on the registration of sex offenders are required because:
* Sexual offenders pose a high risk of re-offending after release from custody;
* Protect the public from sexual offenders with a & # 39; is a major public interest;
* Privacy interests of persons convicted of sexual offenses are less important than the interests of the government to public safety;
* The publication of reliable information about sex offenders to government agencies and the general public will help to protect public safety.
community notification – Megan's Law allows the States according to set criteria for the disclosure, but compels them to do private and personal information on registered offenders sexually explicit public. Community Notification:
* Provides assistance to law enforcement authorities in the investigation;
* Sets the legal basis for the detention of known offenders;
* Rejects sex offenders from further crimes;
* Provides citizens with information that they can use to protect children from viktymizatsyi.
In varying degrees, the state make public important information about the predators that live in your area. However, independent sites are available that do the same thing, including http://www.criminalcheck.com, where you can enter the person's name or enter a zip code and details of the offenders in your area with the & # 39 appears.
Some of the information available on the Internet, including:
- The name of the offender.
- Current address and previous address [s] of the offender.
- Aliases used by criminals.
- Tselesnae description: height, weight, hair and eye color, scars and marks, etc.
- The nature, date, place of the crime [s].
- Date of the convicted person that occurred while, release date, information about the test.
You can open the direct information on the Internet to find out who in your area with the & # 39 is the offender. Interacting with its neighbors and with the police, you will be able to contain the problem before it becomes a crisis.
Please note this is not a specific directory allows you to search zip code for the following states: Indiana, Nebraska, New Jersey, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and Wisconsin. In addition, you can not search for a name for the residents of the District of Columbia and Rhode Island.